Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reflections Performs "Lonesome and a Long Way from Home"

As of the time of this posting, I have What is Dan Listening To set to Jerry Garcia's Don't Let Go, a commercially-released recording of his band at San Francisco's Orpheum Theatre in May of 1976.

I've had this for a number of years and recently dug it back out to enjoy some Garcia from that period.

Unlike the Dead, getting soundboards of his shows was a little more difficult...not sure if the sound folks were just different or what the story was, but hearing something so clear from a period where his creativity and quality were at such high marks has been a real trip.

I couldn't find anything posted of him performing one of my favorite songs from that era, Lonesome and a Long Way From Home, so I found a copy of a Garcia tribute band, Reflections, doing it.

Not quite as the good as the real thing, but it'll do for now.

No comments: