Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Week With Technology

Monday: After power outage (and subsequent 1.5 hours on phone), determine with help desk that the router blew out.

Tuesday: Screen on treasured iPod Touch starts intermittently not working.

Tuesday: Purchase new router and, after much consternation, get it to play nice (I thought) with the work machine.

Wednesday: Dan about jumps out window, which would not accomplish much since my office is on the first floor, when he realizes how awful this new Belkin G-series router is. I lose connectivity every few minutes, it seems. This kills my work connection, too, so I have to constantly log back into my VPN there. And scrolling through email? Forgetaboutit!

Wednesday: iPod problems persist.

Thursday: I will be taking the router back, getting an N-series (thanks, Ryno) and cashing in on the service plan I bought on the iPod.

Just waiting for the next thing to go wrong...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One you go mac, you never go back...


oh wait, you have an ipod.

Unknown said...

I've had pretty good luck with Linksys...