Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mitt Romney Is Going to Mess Up His Pretty Hair

If he gets his nose buried any further up John McCain's ass, that is.

Yesterday, he credited the brilliant war strategist with being the person who"authored some time ago the philosophy that said a surge would work in Iraq."

"Authored the philosophy" that bringing in a whole boatload of people (who arguably should have been elsewhere doing things of more moral and strategic value) is one way to overwhelm an enemy?

I mean, that might very well be true, but it's a concept that can be grasped by any second grader.

Romney's argument also implies that McCain had a much more hands-on role than he probably did in planning the current tactics in Iraq.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get the memo, "[McCain] knows how to win wars."

I can't believe that he isn't being called out more on the preposterousness of the idea that he has some sort of leadership ability, or even idea, that makes staying in Iraq for another day even slightly more palatable to Americans. Much less that he knows how to win wars.

Romney is such a tool.

Dan said...

I know.

Well, it's actually a successful implementation of what John "Reporting for Duty" Kerry tried 4 years ago. Unfair, but a better execution of the plan, I guess...

I agree with you on Romney. I never liked him and the way he ran.

I'm not sure if I posted this at the time, and am too lazy to look now, but he would have had a much better time had he run the "I'm a competent guy" campaign.