Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Neverending Drew Peterson Saga

Every now and then, I have to go back to the Chicago Sun-Times to see what's going on with the Drew Peterson affair. Luckily, they talk about it often enough on the Steve Dahl show, so I'm alerted to details in this important story.

If you'll remember, Drew is listed as a 'person of interest' in the murder of his young wife in Bolingbrook, IL, a suburb of Chicago.

In the last week, his neighbors, Paula Stark and Len Wawczak have gotten into the act, claiming to have worn a wire around Drew for several months as part of an undercover op with the Illinois State Police.

Yesterday, Drew had allegedly been mouthing off, claiming to have slept with Paula at some point.

Understandably, this upset their son, Lenny, who ran into Drew at the local barbershop.

What ensued in the parking lot is some real Jerry Springer material, with Len Sr. showing up, shoving Drew and getting arrested by the cops.

Here's a few of the verbal highlights:

Len Jr.: "Hey, m-----f-----, you ain't nothing but a murderer. I'll beat the f--- out of you. Say something!"

Peterson: "Hit me," putting his hands behind his back. "I'm going down."

Len Jr.: "Take the cool sunglasses off! I ain't Stacy, bitch! You sissy!"

Onlooker: "Knock his ass out!"

Len Sr. (now on the scene): "Say right now you f----- my old lady! I'll come around right now and drop you like you want!"

Len Sr (after his arrest).: "I wanted to let Drew know he's not going to mess with my family...If I knew I was getting arrested, I would have knocked the m-----f----- out."

No comments: