Sunday, May 27, 2007

I've Lost Part of My Reason to Watch the Indy 500 Today


I was never a huge sports fan, but I do find it somewhat un-American to not tune into the big ones, like the Super Bowl, the Masters, the Kentucky Derby, at least one game of each World Series (MLB and Little League) and the Indianapolis 500.

As a native Hoosier, I still get a little nostalgic (even though I did not grow up in a rural community) hearing Jim Nabors sing, "Back Home Again."

Even if was not going to watch the cars go round in circles all day, I made a concerted effort every year to tune in to hear his rendition.

Sadly, Nabors will not be in Indy this year.  He's had some health issues lately and is out at his Macadamia nut farm in Hawaii.

Gomer will be appearing via satellite, though, so expect the crowd to wish him well.

As of the time of this posting, though, the weather in Indy does not look too promising, though.

No comments: