Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Favorite Streaming Radio Stations



I grew up listening to 93.1 WXRT, broadcasting out of Chicago.  In addition to a great mixture of current and classic rock, they carry Breakfast with the Beatles, David Gans' Grateful Dead Hour on Sundays and a perfect way to start your weekend with Saturday Morning Flashback.   



While it wasn't on the air when I was in school in the Twin Cities, Minnesota Public Radio's The Current is keeping it real.  The Current caters to the modern rock crowd.



Based out of Freedom, on California's beautiful Central Coast, KPIG (107-OINK-5) gives me my regular fix of twangy, country-ish rock-and-roll.  You'll hear stuff here that you probably won't get on any other commercial radio stations.  Unfortunately, this requires a Real Audio RealPass.

No comments: