Monday, March 19, 2007

Frank Pentangeli Reincarnated as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

  



  
Last week, it was announced that Khalid Sheikh Hohammed sang like a bird under questioning and admitted to just about everything but stealing the Lindbergh baby.

Why anyone thinks that his words necessarily bear any resemblence to truth is beyond me, but I couldn't help but be reminded of the scene in Godfather II when Frank Pentangeli, under enourmous pressure,  recants all his testimony to the federales.

I know, I know it's not entirely the same thing (because Pentangeli actually told the truth in private), but humour me....


PENTANGELI:

Look the FBI guys promised me a deal. So I made up a lot of stuff about MICHAEL Corleone 'cause that's what they wanted -- but it was all lies -- uh -- everything. And I kept saying -- MICHAEL Corleone did this and MICHAEL Corleone did that -- .uh -- so I said yea sure, why not.



1 comment:

Dan said...

Oh my goodness. Einstein! I will catch up with you. Mick?....;-)