Friday, April 27, 2007

MSNBC's Debate Coverage



MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic debate last night from South Carolina was not bad. Their live analysis coverage played until midnight and they replayed it in the overnight hours. This is more indication that they are vying to be the junkie's choice when it comes to election coverage.

They don't waste time talking down to me like CNN does...educating us stupid folks. Matthews and company just roll up their sleeves and describe these events more like boxing matches than civics lessons. As an junkie myself, they are serving just what I'm ordering.

One nifty little thing they rolled out last night was a kind of Applause-o-Meter for the candidates. These used to belong only to folks invited to focus groups, but now, with the advent of that WWW thing, we can all play along.

While I don't watch them constantly, MSNBC is starting to become just like my Stars and Stripes thong....the thing I turn to when I need political coverage.

No comments: