Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's About 4AM...CNN is Already Running Live Election Coverage

Just doing my voting cheat sheet now...I've not paid much attention to downballot stuff, so sorting thru that now. I think I'll be cool and save it on Google Docs, so I can look at my little spreadsheet in the booth. The Plain Dealer actually had a pretty nice voter guide to use and go through the whole ballot, with links to their endorsements on the various office-seekers and referendums. I didn't go with them all the time, and could have had some usability suggestions, but it was still pretty useful.

My only beef with it was that it wanted you to check who you want so you could email your results back to be printed out. While I get the overt use of it, you start the process with entering your address so they're doing a de facto poll. I just copied the information out and pasted it into my own sheet.

I really hate all these damned referendums they have us voting for.

Isn't that what officeholders are for?

Archie Bunker had an interesting way of figuring out who to vote for.

"Tory, Feldman, O'Reilly, Nelson... That's an Italian, a Jew, an Irishman, and a regular American there... what I call a balanced ticket."

No comments: