Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Barry Better Be Ready

Well, I cast the vote the way I intended. While I know that some friends who used to think I was a bit of a goof probably think I'm more of a goof now. It is what it is.

Be that as it may, I don't think I came into this thinking that the guy will multiply the fishes, turn water to wine, etc. He seemed to be the lesser of two evils.

But now I'm starting to think about all these 'fired up and ready to go' people who are going to be gathering in Grant Park tonight and I'm a bit worried. It seems implausible that Barack will be able to deliver anything close to the 'change' some of these newbies are expecting.

Assuming tonight goes the way the talkies are hinting, he's going to be getting quite a few more gray hairs...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about this a lot today, it really depends on how the Obama loyal respond to a victory. If they start patting themselves on the back and saying good job, he's/we're in trouble.

If we approach it, the way I am trying to, as another step forward on a long road he should do OK.

He has been worried about voter apathy to win, but he may have a bigger problem of post election burn out.